skymediaconsults.blogspot.com

Friday, March 7, 2025

Oyebanji at APC Ward meeting, calls for unity, accommodation of new members.

Oyebanji at APC Ward meeting, calls for unity, accommodation of new members.


Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has called on members of the All Progressive Congress (APC) to remain united and embrace new members in order to further strengthen the party and position it for victory in future elections. 

Governor Oyebanji gave the charge on Thursday when he paid an unscheduled visit to the APC Ado Ekiti,Ward 8, where party members held their ward meeting.



The Governor, whose visit caught members unaware said the purpose of the sudden visit was to ascertain the level of punctuality of the party members particularly those who hold political office and to appreciate members of the party for their support for the APC and the government.
 
Expressing satisfaction at the turn out of members at the meeting, Governor Oyebanji encouraged party members to foster a sense of belonging among new and existing members, stressing that the strength of the party lies in its ability to accommodate diverse perspectives while maintaining a united front


He urged the leaders to intensify efforts in promoting harmony and addressing grievances promptly to ensure members feel valued and respected.

“I am here for two reasons today, first is to ascertain the number of appointees that attend meetings and the second reason is to thank you for your support for the party and for the government, we cannot appoint everybody, yet you remain in the party with the hope that things will get better and I assured you by the grace of God, those who were not on appointment, government initiatives will get to you and your children.

“I have only one plea, please, it is the people that make party and it is through humility and unity that we can gather party members, so please anybody that want to join, don’t shut the door on them. Don’t let us say some people didn’t vote for us during election, or during primaries you did not work for us, it is people that make the party. Whatever we are going to become in life has been written by God and nobody can hinder it. So, please don’t let us shut our doors, let us open our doors to allow people to enter our party, so when elections come, it will be easy for us”, the Governor said.



Speaking earlier, the ward Chairman, Mr Arowolo Tajudeen, who could not hide his excitement, expressed his profound gratitude to the Governor for attending the meeting. He noted that Governor Oyebanji has made history as the first Governor to attend ward meetings.

The chairman commended the Governor's monumental achievements, which, according to him, have strengthened the party’s reputation and drawn more supporters to the party.

He added that the Governor’s efforts have created a solid foundation for the party to thrive in future elections.

Thursday, March 6, 2025

EKSG Approves Promotion for 6129 Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff.

EKSG Approves Promotion for 6129 Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff.
By Olamide Akinwumi. 



Ekiti State Government has approved the promotion of 6,129 teaching and non-teaching staff of public secondary schools across the state as part of efforts to enhance the education sector.

Chairman of the State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM), Mrs Rhoda Ojo, disclosed this during a meeting with public secondary school principals in Ado-Ekiti, stating that promotion letters had already been dispatched to the beneficiaries.

She explained that 5,669 teachers and 460 non-teaching staff benefited from the promotion exercise, attributing its success to Governor Biodun Oyebanji’s commitment to workers’ welfare, particularly in the education sector.

Addressing the delay in the 2022/2023 promotion exercise, Mrs Ojo noted that challenges related to seniority and internal contentions had been resolved. She urged the promoted workers to reciprocate the government’s gesture through diligence and dedication to their duties.

She also emphasised that the government would not tolerate hooliganism, violence, or indiscipline in schools, stressing that principals must take responsibility for maintaining order, fostering a positive learning environment, and ensuring student success. She assured that the state would continue to reward hardworking principals and teachers while sanctioning those found negligent.

Permanent Secretary of TESCOM, Mr Michael Boluwade, in his remarks, cautioned against attempts to influence postings and transfers, particularly mid-session, noting that such disruptions negatively impact students’ academic performance. He reaffirmed the commission’s commitment to prioritising the welfare of both teaching and non-teaching staff to enhance productivity and ensure excellent student outcomes.

Reacting to the development, State Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Comrade Bamidele Daodu, Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Secondary Schools (ASUSS), Comrade Sola Adigun, and Chairman of the All-Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS), Mr Akinbode Oke, commended the government’s continuous support for teachers.

They pledged that their members would uphold professionalism and academic excellence in public secondary schools across the state. They also appealed for more capacity-building programmes to equip teachers with modern instructional techniques for improved learning outcomes.

#TeachersWelfare #SharedProsperity #BAOGovernance #KeepingEkitiWorking

Oyebanji Canvasses Maintenance Culture as Rainstorm Damaged Over 50 Buildings in Ekiti.

Oyebanji Canvasses Maintenance Culture as Rainstorm Damaged Over 50 Buildings in Ekiti.
…pledges support for victims.



Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji, has charged landlords to maintain their buildings as raining season approaches and following rainstorm that wreaked havoc on over 50 buildings in Ipoti, Ejiyan, Owatedo and Odo Owa Ekiti, in Ijero Local Government Area, Wednesday evening.

Oyebanji said regular maintenance of facilities on old buildings, remains the best option to avert annual rainstorm being experienced in some towns, thereby rendering many homeless and scores being sapped economically.

Oyebanji gave the charge in the affected communities, on Thursday during on the spot assessment of the buildings blown off by hurricane, on Wednesday, during a stormy downpour in the communities.

Buildings affected include residential buildings, shops, and educational institutions.

The governor, represented by the Deputy Governor, Chief (Mrs) Monisade Afuye, sympathised with the victims and promised to initiate process that will lend a helping hand for them to repair their damaged buildings in record time.

He bemoaned the consistent rainstorm being witnessed in Ekiti and how many were being rendered homeless on account of this depressive occurrence.

The governor challenged the landlords to always take precautions by repairing damaged roofs and changed weak planks that can predispose their residences to unwarranted wreckage.

As part of the ways to halt and mitigate such occurrence, Oyebanji encouraged tree planting around residential areas to serve as wind breaker during stormy rainfall, urging the traditional institution to propagate such practice among the people at the grassroots.

“I am really saddened seeing people being homeless as a result of rainstorm. Moving round the town, you could see that the disaster was too much. We are promising you on behalf of the government that the officers of the State Emergency Management Agency will visit here and do the enumeration of the buildings and value the damage. We are going to help you, God shall heal your wounds.

“When something like this happended at Oke Ako Ekiti, the governor approved about N50m to rebuild the damaged buildings, likewise other towns like Ijesa Isu, Omu and Ijelu communities.

“Though we thank God that there is no loss of lives, that is our joy in this matter. The ruins were much, but we need rains to make our lives and farming flourish. But we have to do what is necessary to prevent damage to our buildings”, Oyebanji counseled.

Applauding the government for the swift action, the Olupoti of Ipoti, Oba Oladipupo Kolade and Oloja- Owa of Owatedo, Oba Adebayo Adewole, described the calamity as heartrending, saying it is necessary for people to manage their buildings to resolve such crisis.

Specifically, the Olupoti, Oba Kolade, said: “I nearly cried while going round yesterday to assess the level of damage. Mostly affected are the women and children, that makes the matter so worrisome.

“I want to appreciate the governor for being proactive in attending to this emergency situation in record time. The governor had again demonstrated that he is after the welfare of Ekiti people, so we are expecting the government’s help within a short time to give relieve to the victims”, the monarch stated.

Expressing grief over the matter, the Olowa of Odo Owa Ekiti, Oba Gideon Oyedeji, said those affected are poor people, who need emergency help to repair their damaged buildings and restore their hope.

“We appreciate the government for this respect and the promise to help the victims. We know the value of what the government is doing , particularly securing our lives, so that we can sleep and access our farms. We are grateful for all these”.

On the governor’s entourage are: the lawmaker representing Ijero Constituency, Hon Ademola Ojo, Chairman, Irede Local Council Development Area, Hon. Ayo Awe, political office holders, traditional leaders, among others.

Ojuawo donates transformers to Ikere, Ise Ekiti respectively.

Ojuawo donates transformers to Ikere, Ise Ekiti respectively.


Hon. (AVM Rtd) Rufus Ojuawo, the Honourable Member representing Ekiti South Federal Constituency 1, has donated a transformer each to Obasanjo Housing Estate in Ikere and Erinwa Quarter in Ise Ekiti. This gesture fulfills an electoral promise made to these areas.

During his visit to the two sites last Christmas, Hon. Ojuawo assured the residents that the transformers would be delivered soon. The new transformers will provide electricity to Obasanjo Housing Estate, and surrounding environments, as well as parts of Erinwa Quarters in Ise Ekiti.





The provision of these transformers is expected to boost economic activities, enhance security, and improve the overall quality of life for residents. Hon. Ebenezer Oladipo, Chairman of Obasanjo Housing Estate, thanked Hon. Ojuawo for his love and compassion, saying, “He made a promise and delivered as said; we say thank you, sir.”

Similarly, Hon. Bamikole Ayodele, Chairman of Ise/Orun Local Government, and Hon. Dare Idowu, Chairman of APC Ise/Orun Local Government Exco, commended Hon. Ojuawo for his steadfastness and forthrightness. They expressed confidence in him and prayed for his continued success.

OJUAWO MEDIA TEAM

Oyebanji lauds Ekiti procurement system, contractors’ capacity to deliver.

Oyebanji lauds Ekiti procurement system, contractors’ capacity to deliver.


Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has commended the state’s procurement process for ensuring efficiency in selection of contractors for government projects, stressing that the system has enabled his administration to engage contractors with capacity and ability to deliver projects to specification. 


Governor Oyebanji, who gave the commendation on Thursday during inspection of some projects in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, said the inspection was to validate the independent reports gotten from Office of Transformation and Service Delivery (OTSD), Independent Projects Monitoring Office, and Ministry of Budget.

Speaking with journalists shortly after the inspection, the Governor expressed satisfaction on the quality and pace of work done at the various projects visited.


Speaking about the Central Business District at Atikankan, the Governor said transforming Atikankan into a modern business district would not only uplift the face of the town but also create opportunities for businesses to thrive thereby further boosting the state’s internally generated revenue.

While expressing his appreciation to Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adejuyigbe and the residents of Atikankan for their cooporation with government, the Governor said his administration would continue to monitor all on-going projects closely to ensure they meet highest standard and deliver value for money.

“We have gone round three projects and I am impressed by the pace of work done by the contractors and it also speaks to the fidelity of our procurement process to be able to select the contractor that has the capacity and ability to work according to plan.

“In all the sites that we visited, I have no reason to complain about the pace and about the quality of the work done and one thing that we have put together in this administration to ensure continue monitoring and evaluation of projects”. The Governor stated.


Projects inspected include, Ekiti State International Centre for Art and Culture, Ekute, Ado Ekiti, Central Business District at Atikankan, Ado Ekiti, and Ekiti State Internal Revenue Office, Ado Ekiti.

Oyebanji to receive Silverbird Man of the Year Award on March 16.

Oyebanji to receive Silverbird Man of the Year Award on March 16.


Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji will be formally presented the Silverbird Man of the Year Award (2024) at an event scheduled for March 16, in Lagos.

The award is held annually by the Silverbird Communication Limited to honour individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities and have contributed immensely to the lives of Nigerians.



Silverbird Communications’ Chief Operating Officer, Mr Shiyanbola Salako, who presented the official letter of nomination to Governor Oyebanji in his office in Ado-Ekiti on Wednesday, commended the governor for his exemplary leadership and impactful governance, which, according to him,  had drawn national and international attention to the state.

He said the Governor was chosen as Man of the Year after a rigorous process that considered his achievements in fostering development and inclusivity in the state, good ratings by financial institutions, among other factors.

Why noting that a huge percent of the total votes cast during the selection process came from Ekiti State, Salako said the margin of votes was a clear indication of the overwhelming support and admiration the people of the state have for the Governor.

He noted that the governor’s developmental efforts across critical sectors such as education, healthcare, agriculture, infrastructure, inclusive governance, among others had set a benchmark for purposeful governance and set the state on the path of sustainable growth, making him a deserving recipient of the prestigious Silverbird Man of the Year Award.

Governor Oyebanji, hailed the organisers of the award for allowing members of the public to have a say in the selection process through their votes. He added that the involvement of the general public in the final selection of the nominees that were shortlisted by the editorial team of the Silverbird organization, made the award more credible.

Describing the award as a vote of confidence in his administration’s commitment to delivering good governance to the people of the state, the Governor said the recognition was not just an individual honour but a reflection of the collective progress achieved through collaborative efforts of his team and the support of the citizens.

Wednesday, March 5, 2025

Clarification on Media Reports Regarding Senator Cyril Fasuyi’s Statement on Dr. Fayemi.

Clarification on Media Reports Regarding Senator Cyril Fasuyi’s Statement on Dr. Fayemi.



Our attention has been drawn to a news report published by The Cable regarding an alleged statement made by Senator Cyril Fasuyi during today’s Senate plenary. According to the report, Senator Fasuyi purportedly claimed that Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan had previously accused Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, of sexual harassment.

We wish to categorically state that this report is inaccurate and a misrepresentation of the actual comments made by the Distinguished Senator from Ekiti. Upon reviewing the proceedings, it is evident that Senator Fasuyi never made such an allegation. Instead, what he actually stated was that Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan had, in the past, made false and defamatory claims against Dr. Fayemi when he served as Minister of Mines and Steel Development, specifically regarding issues related to the Ajaokuta Steel Company.

At no point did Senator Fasuyi link Dr. Fayemi to any allegations of sexual misconduct by Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan. We are therefore at a loss as to how The Cable arrived at such a grave and unfounded assertion.

For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to reiterate that Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan—or anyone else, for that matter—has never accused Dr. Fayemi of any form of sexual misconduct. Dr. Fayemi has always upheld the highest standards of integrity in public service, and we strongly reject any attempt by the media to associate his name with baseless and damaging allegations.

Furthermore, we wish to make it clear that Dr. Fayemi has no interest in being drawn into the ongoing controversy in the Senate. His past engagements with Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan were strictly professional, and any differences that arose were purely based on divergent policy perspectives, not personal grievances.

Consequently, there is absolutely no basis for any claim that Dr. Fayemi intends to submit a petition to the Senate on this matter.

We urge the media to adhere to the highest standards of ethical journalism by verifying facts before publication. Sensationalism and the spread of misleading narratives not only damage reputations but also undermine public trust in the media.

Signed
Mallam Ahmad Sajoh,
Head, Fayemi Media Office, Abuja
March 5, 2025