skymediaconsults.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 23, 2021

sports

My agenda is to improve and standardized AAUA sporting activities through innovation and creativity:
If peraveture I emerged, I will eradicate the sports gender inequality in AAUA sports--Paul Zicco.
23rd May, 2021: interview by: Olamide Akinwumi
As AAUA Student Union government comes closer, various Aspirants are coming up to roll out their agendas and market their ideas to the students. 

Our correspondent had an interactive session with Paul Zicco, who is aspiring for the position of AAUASU009.
According to him, "my angeda is unique which aim to improved and standardized AAUA sporting activities through creativity and innovation. 
To effectively and efficiently bring back the lost sporting methods with welfarism been acquired some sessions back, he explained." 

He further described sports as physical activity that brings joys and happiness through entertainment that's necessary in an institutions.
" To me, sports is all forms of usually competitive physical activity, through which every participants derives enjoyment, financial benefits and body fitness.
He continued, Sports is emotional and passionate.
Like football, which is known to be the world most popular sports activity in numbers of participants and spectators.
Also basketball, which is commonly played of five players each, opposing one another. Sports is fun, he explained."

He moves further to tell us about is current position as a Union leader
"Well, my experiences so far been a sportsman started when I was a primary pupil where I represented my school and my community in a football and race competition till my secondary education. 
I have also acquired so much knowledge been a captain of my departmental level team right from 100l till this present time, winning so many competition (HOD'S cup 3 times in a role 100 - 300, winning SUG freshers game 2017/18, VC's cup, sports awards and others.
He continued, "Also serving as the current Director of sports of the biggest and brilliant faculty on campus Social and management science's (SOMASSA).
In which with all this, I believe can make me outstanding amidst my peers and counterparts. 

He made it cleared about the new plan of unveiling a new personal football Jersey for his faculty; social and management science's.
 
He said,  "By Special grace of God, In a week time, my faculty football team will be launching a new personal football jersey.
He added, "brain behind this was actually my suggestion  which was collectively agreed on by our players because we are having a football match with the School of Management Technology of Federal University of Technology(FUTA).

He started further that, something need to be done on the issue of gender inequality in AAUA sports.
He said, "gender inequality in AAUA sports is a serious issue that need serious attention with a profer solution through a collective supports from the office of the Vice president, and also with the support of sports lovers.
He added, "Through my experience, I have met with some ladies who told me they are looking for Avenue to play ball and trained themselves, this make me feel sober that there is nothing like female football team in AAUA"

However, he promised to transformed AAUA sports through his leadership style.
"I have a visionary leadership style because I believe am persistent and bold, strategic, risk taking, inspirational, optimistic, innovative and magnetic. 
I love to encourage and inspire others, especially athletes.

He added, "apart from my budget, i am bringing out an initiative methods which will make me achieve more of my plans. 
"For instance, I Have been working with some private and public enterprises such as (banks, public organizations etc ) with the sole aim of bringing them down to the institutions to organise and sponsor sports events and competitions, he explained. "

He further awake the students of his faculty: social and management science's, to gear up and prepare for a lot of sports activities coming up in this semester. 
He said, "in this junction, I will like to advised all SOMASSAITES to keep anticipating for FYB OLYMPIC and more competition as we are kick starting our faculty Dean's cup in a week time."
I'm Olatuja Oluwafemi Paul, politically known on campus as Comrade Paul Zicco from the department of Accounting, 300level, vying for the position of AAUA sports director.

No comments:

Post a Comment