skymediaconsults.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Ondo APC chieftain seeks review of reward system.

Ondo APC chieftain seeks review of reward system.



Chieftain of All Progressives Congress, (APC) in Ondo State, Morayo Lebi, has called for a review of the party’s reward system for loyal party members in the state.
 Lebi said Ondo APC failed to reward some members who sacrificed their resources to establish APC in the state.

 He spoke in Akure after he was honoured with “Ondo State outstanding sponsor of Progressive Party of the decade.”

 Lebi said it was worrisome that those who joined the party in less than three months were given tickets to contest for election.

 “Our resources are meant to develop our people and how do we develop them, it is by ensuring what they can live with. For so long, there is no reward. Our reward system is bad.

 “When we started this party in Ondo and I took it to the southern part of the state, people thought I didn’t know what I was doing because that time, it was the conservatives that were ruling in Ondo State.

 “We have former Governor Olusegun Agagu and we believed in him because he contributed his to the development of Ondo State. So, because of him, everybody trooped to PDP.

 “When I brought the idea of the progressives, people were questioning my sanity. I brought the party because I had a vision and the vision I had brought us all to where we are today…’’

“I was a member of the defunct NADECO. I was arrested and locked up with baba Opadokun. We fought the war to ensure democracy thrive very well and I have been a very strong financial member over the years.

 “But the truth is this, for so long after this, what has been my reward ? Maybe generally there is reward because the progressives are now in government. But for some of us that have been loyal and active but we got no reward.

 “It is only in this our progressive family that somebody who joined the party in March 2022, and he became the senatorial candidate of the party in May 2022.

 “Just in two months while I that brought the whole thing together, they took the ticket from me and gave to someone who joined the party two months earlier. Same thing happened in the house of Representatives, even without primary elections.

 “I had gone to consult with party leaders and they assured me it was the candidate based on my efforts towards the development of the party. I relied on it. But they changed along the way. They gave the ticket to someone who joined in two months.”

 Publisher of Golden Rule Magazine, Pastor Taiwo Gbamila said the award was a testament and proof of Lebi’s philanthropic gestures to humanity.

 “The award is in recognition of his outstanding contributions in bringing progressive party to lime light in Ondo State, particularly in Ondo South.

 “Moreover, to motivate the awardee (Morayo Lebi) to continue to make progress in his contribution to human capital development and progressive ideas. And also to appreciate him for his positive impact in progressive race.”

No comments:

Post a Comment